CoolSculpting in New York City
by Russak Dermatology Clinic
Coolsculpting is a whole new way to approach fat reduction. The process is all-natural – the cold temperature and your body do all of the work to remove the excess bulges.
Developed by MIT scientists, from breakthrough research by Dieter Manstein, MD and R. Rox Anderson, MD at Massachusetts General Hospital, this procedure is FDA-cleared and it uses a precise cooling process that crystallizes the fat cells under the skin without damaging skin tissue. CoolSculpting uses a vacuum applicator to suck the tissue into a receptacle and extracts heat from the fat cells to cool them. After applying applicator to desire area, fat cells will crystallize and die and naturally eliminated from your body without causing damage to the collagen, elastin or skin.
Reduce Weight without Surgery
- Coolsculpting is a non-surgical procedure which eliminate fat cells. This is a novel option for many people who are unwilling to submit to traditional surgical methods to eliminate excessive body fat. Coolsculpting has many advantages and patients can see and experience ongoing benefits for several months after the initial session is completed.
- It uses a unique method of selectively targeting the adipose fat tissue that is just beneath the surface of the skin. This adipose tissue creates the look that is associated with being overweight, so many people refer to these cells as fat cells. Reducing the extra layer of fat in specific areas of your body is often very difficult for people, and this can lead to frustration and depression. However, there are also legitimate concerns about using surgery to remove this fatty tissue.
What is Coolsculpting?
- Coolsculpting is a safe procedure to eliminate stubborn fat, and it is approved by the FDA. The process involves freezing the adipose fat cells, which will eventually be expelled naturally. The crystalized cells are excreted through the natural elimination systems within your body, and this makes it an ideal method for anyone who wants to avoid surgery.
- There are many advantages for individuals who require a non-invasive method for losing weight or removing unwanted fatty tissue from specific areas of the body. The recovery time is extremely short, for example, and this allows individuals to benefit from this procedure without interrupting daily life.
- It’s proven to be safe and reliable method of eliminating fat tissue.
- There is no recovery time needed after the procedure, so your life can continue as normal.
- This is an ideal solution for specific problem areas like the abdomen, thighs and hips.
- Coolsculpting is a relatively painless solution, and a minority of recipients report any pain at all.
- This procedure is effective at eliminating persistent bulging areas.
- The option of reducing fat in specific areas without invasive surgery naturally provokes a lot of curiosity and interest. Coolsculpting procedure is particularly effective for patients who have already tried dieting and exercise regimens to no avail.
Before and After
Before and After pictures.
Best Candidates for Coolsculpting
Patients who want to permanently eliminate and reduce fat non-invasively. DualSculpting offered at Russak Dermatology Clinic, patients can have two sessions performed at the same time, which is great for busy professionals that need to be in and out quickly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DOES COOLSCULPTING WORK?
- Cryolipolysis is a name for the process of selectively targeting only the fat cells, or adipose tissue, that is causing the skin to bulge in specific areas of the body. This is a safe method for changing the shape of these areas without causing any harm to the connecting tissues, skin or muscles. You can expect a reduction of almost 25 percent within the first treatment.
- After the cooling agent succeeds in selectively freezing only the unwanted fat cells, the next event that occurs is the elimination process. This takes place automatically because the body will recognize each frozen cell as a foreign substance that needs to be removed. These cells will be expelled through your body’s natural elimination process. Since these adipose cells will die as a result of the Coolsculpting procedure, the removal process will occur without any need for surgical intervention.
- Over a period of several weeks or months afterwards, an additional process will take place. Adipose tissues remaining within the treated area will begin to condense down into a more compact layer, which makes the area appear thin and smooth. The excessive fat will be gone from the treated area, so you can enjoy a refined, sculpted look without the difficulties or complications that often accompany surgical remedies.
WHO IS IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- This procedure is safe for most people, but you should always check with your primary care physician if you have any questions or concerns about Coolsculpting. Everyone has a different personal health situation, so you can always ask your doctor if this is an appropriate treatment. Always consult your doctor if you have a medical condition.
- Although almost 87 percent of recipients are women, the number of men who choose this procedure is also growing.
- Approximately 13 percent of all patients are men, and this is popular supplement for males who are training for bodybuilding competitions or other rigorous physical activities. This procedure can eliminate excessive fat that often persists even after practicing a regular and grueling workout routine.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Unlike many other methods of fat reduction, CoolSculpting involves no needles, surgery or downtime. During the procedure, a non-invasive applicator delivers precisely controlled cooling to the treatment area thereby specifically targeting fat. Treatments last between one to two hours. Patients can have additional procedures for more pronounced effects if they desire. On average, each CoolSculpting procedure results in an undeniable reduction of fat in the treated area, and patients can start to see results as soon as three weeks following treatment, with the most dramatic results occurring over a period of two to four months in most patients.
WHAT IS TREATMENT TO TRANSFORMATION?
- 360° body assessment
- Addressing all potential treatment areas
- Customized treatment plan ensuring full coverage of treatable fat
- Re-assessing, re-planning, and re-treating, if needed
The treated area may be pink and stiff for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed. This is an expected but temporary effect after CoolSculpting. You may feel a temporary dulling of sensation in the treated area. This is normal and typically resolves within a few hours but may last for several weeks after your procedure. There typically is minimal recovery time after CoolSculpting. Most patients are able to return to their daily routine immediately after the procedure.
Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after CoolSculpting and you will experience the most dramatic results after one to three months. Your body will continue naturally to process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your procedure. You’ll see a reduction of fat in the treated area after one session. Once that fat cells are eliminate, they won’t return and you shouldn’t gain weight in the treated areas as long as you don’t severely fluctuate in weight.